Criminal Defense Attorney
Many lawyers practice in many different areas of law, such as divorce, wills, estate, real estate, contracts, business, and more. When your future is on the line, you want a lawyer who is focused on your case — not a lawyer whose practice, skill, and ability is diluted by being spread thin in other areas of law.
Former Prosecutor Understands the Other Side of the Law
Hands down, the absolute best criminal defense expertise comes from being a prosecutor. It provides an essential foundation for understanding the law and the evidence needed to convict an individual suspected of committing a crime.
Attorney John Adams is a former prosecutor who is now dedicated to using his skills to vigorously defend clients charged with serious crimes.
If you’ve been accused of committing a crime of any kind, it is critical that you are supported by a skilled attorney who has the ability and motivation to provide you with a razor sharp defense. Attorney Adams goes above and beyond to provide clients with zealous advocacy, regardless of the crime they are accused of committing.
With an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side, you can build a strong case that is designed to meet the prosecution at every turn.
Criminal Defense Strategies
There are a variety of criminal defense strategies that can be utilized to present a strong defense against even the most serious crimes.
- An alibi. A strong alibi, such as movie tickets or a receipt from a store that proves you were somewhere else in Annapolis Md or Anne Arundel County when the crime occurred, can result in the dismissal of all charges against you.
- Mistaken identity. In some cases, arguing mistaken identity can create reasonable doubt in a jury.
- Expert testimony. Depending on the facts of your case, it may be a prudent strategy to bring an expert witness in to testify that you could not have committed the crime in question, or to provide other evidence in your favor.
- Arguing police misconduct. Law enforcement officers have a certain protocol they must follow when arresting someone or performing a search of their person or property. If the officers in your case have failed to follow protocol, certain evidence may be able to be omitted from your case.
- Self defense. If you were accused of murder, manslaughter, assault, or any other crime in Annapolis Md or Anne Arundel County that occurred as a result of self defense, providing compelling evidence that the force used was in fact in defense can result in the dismissal or reduction of the charges against you.
A good criminal defense often utilizes more than one strategy. Attorney John Adams has the resources and expertise to help you build a multi-layered defense that has the best chance of success.
Protecting Your Rights & Your Privacy
Attorney Adams understands the challenges when faced with criminal charges.
Being charged with a crime can have a significant impact on your career and your relationships, even if you are not convicted. Attorney Adams works hard to not only protect your rights under the law, but also to protect your privacy throughout each stage of your case.
Communication regarding your case will only be sent to you at the address that you approve, and you will only be contacted at the phone number you approve. All information regarding your case will be filtered through our office.
Our goal is to ensure that you are able to lead a normal life while your charges are pending, and if your charges are dismissed, that you are able to return to a normal life and put the situation behind you.
Over 25 Years of Experience
It is essential for you to have a proven and accomplished lawyer on your side when facing criminal charges that have the power to drastically change your life and affect your relationships.
With the strength, expertise, and successful track record that comes from over 25 years of practice, you can be confident that you have the best defense possible.
Attorney John Adams is a member of the following bars and associations:
- Member of the Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney’s Association
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the National College for DUI Defense
- Maryland Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court
- Military Courts
Attorney John Adams has the skills and experience to offer you with a zealous defense in the face of any crime and will fight tirelessly for your rights under Maryland law.
Contact John Adams For a Consultation Today
Time is of the essence. It is critical that you act promptly when charged with a crime of any kind. New case appointments are set on an expedited basis, usually on the same day. Our clients come first, and our fees are fair and reasonable.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us to schedule a consultation to discuss your case and begin building a strong defense for your dui lawyer needs. We are available now to speak with you.